This role will be Anemoi’s first dedicated Project Manager within the company’s growing Projects team and therefore we see the position as one of player/manager, both hands-on in managing successful projects and putting in the templates and processes for future projects. The typical end to end project duration is expected to be 7-14 months and depending on the stage in the project lifecycle, the PM could be managing multiple projects at a time. The role will require significant travel to China, typically c 1 month per project over the longer term but potentially more for the first few projects.
Purpose of the Job
To manage the retrofit integration of Rotor Sails onto merchant ships.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the internal and external/subcontract resources to meet Anemoi’s responsibilities for successful delivery through all stages of each ship installation project on time, on budget and to Anemoi’s expected level of quality.
Work with Anemoi’s production team in China and our suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that the Rotor Sails are successfully built, tested, delivered, installed and commissioned on board.
Work with the Anemoi purchasing team to ensure that the supply chain is able to deliver all the necessary components in time for assembly.
Set up and manage all the necessary contracts with the customer, subcontractors, consultants, shipyard and Class to cover design, plan approval, fabrication, inspection and certification of the integration works for the ship (structural foundations, electrical system modifications, hydraulic system modifications, control & monitoring system connections).
Supervise or manage the supervision of the shipyard works related to the Rotor Sails in preparation for dry docking, during dry dock works, during Rotor Sail installation and during Site Acceptance Testing.
Deal with any issues that may arise, working with the Anemoi team to resolve problems efficiently and effectively, keeping the customer updated as necessary to maximise satisfaction
Education / Qualifications
- Highly desired: Accredited Project Management qualification – typically APM, PMP, IPM
- Degree-level educated, ideally in a discipline related to Project Management or Marine Engineering
Knowledge and Experience
- Shipping/ Maritime background
- Significant experience of working in shipyards, potentially as a Technical Superintendent for an owning company
- Proven experience as a marine project manager having managed at least two end-to-end projects
- Experience of managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience of multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Experience of retrofit – eg from marine sub-supply industry
- Experience of managing transport and logistics
- Previous experience of working in China
- Experience of leading a process with Class
Personal Qualities and Competences
- Able to adapt communication style to suit the audience
- Good judgement to determine when to be flexible and when to hold firm
- Highly organised
- Strong problem solver
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels
- Excellent written English
- Commercial mindset and solution-oriented attitude
- Confident in multi-tasking
- Thrives in a high paced environment